Business Office Manager
Discovery Senior Living is now the 9th largest senior housing operator with the addition of our new division in Texas – Morada Senior Living. We have tremendous opportunities for proven leaders to join in our success.
Morada Senior Living is looking for a Business Office Manager to join our community Morada Abilene.
- Prepares and submits necessary documentation for resident move-ins, move-outs, transfers and ancillary charges.
- Oversees cash controls including the depositing and posting of cash receipts and implementing and monitoring controls over petty cash
- Maintains daily cashbooks for operational accounts and prepare monthly bank reconciliation. Monitors and oversees the processing of accounts payable.
- Ensures department manager’s complete appropriate assignment of departmental expenses and supporting documentation is executed and maintained.
- Coordinates the processing of payroll and employee benefits; and the payment of insurance, real estate taxes and related reporting requirements.
- Prepares and enters journal entries and maintains appropriate sub schedules for Balance Sheet accounts.
- Reviews and distributes the monthly financial statements.
- Prepares Management reports as requested.
- Maintains team member, resident, vendor and financial accounting files in accordance with established policies and requirements.
- Interfaces with residents on billing/collection issues.
- Oversees preparation and maintenance of resident files, records and reports.
- Manages community Human Resource function. Responsible for ensuring a positive first impression, following the established new hire orientation program.
- Oversees payroll and Team Member paperwork including new hire and Change forms.
- Manages open positions using the applicant tracking system (ATS) and job postings. Manages scheduling for Concierge team members.
- Creates set-up and oversight for Health Center resident’s/patient’s private accounts and prepares necessary reports to adhere to State, Local and Federal guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with one-year experience as an Accountant, or
- Associates degree in Accounting with two to three years related experience
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Morada offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Morada Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.